Sunday, January 02, 2022

French Cleats Are Hot

Wandering minds

I wonder why I was suddenly thinking of impalement. No idea.

It's only been 24 hours since mistress locked away my power tools but I'm already going mad. I'm even reading books. It's all the alphabet's fault.

In 1453 Sultan Mehmed II conquered Constantinople (Istanbul). It effectively marked the end of the Middle Ages. When Admiral Baltoghlu's fleet of 110 ships lost against a small flotilla of four Christian ships, the Sultan was furious and ordered the impalement of the commander. Baltoghlu's life was spared after his subordinates testified to his bravery during the conflict. Mehmed stripped Baltoghlu of his wealth and property and ordered he be whipped 100 times.

Impalement was a gruesome method of torture and execution. The condemned was tied to the ground spread eagle with four spikes before a wooden stake was run through the body from the anus to the mouth.

Lucky slave, because that is not what mistress has in mind today. Still it's gonna be a pretty intense fisting. The mind works in mysterious ways because the first thing I noticed was the wall. The real gem in this image is goddess Felicity [2], but there is also a hidden gem in the background: the French cleat.

I hear you thinking 'those French cleats must be hot. Whatever they are.' You are so right. Mistress is blessed with owning you as her property but it has nothing to do with BDSM. 'A French cleat is simply two wood pieces that each has one edge bevel-ripped to 45 degrees. One piece is fastened to the wall with its beveled edge facing up. The other piece is attached to the back of the item you’re hanging on the wall.

Ultimate French cleat tool wall (source Youtube)

So if you think 2022 started out bad for you because you've been in chastity from the day Covid-19 arrived, think again. 30 Hours without access to my power tools and my mind is bouncing like a rubber ball. Still it makes sense combining the ancient technique of impalement and French cleats in a single post. In both cases you need power tools for the woodworking. Huh, they didn't have those in the Middle Ages? I'm sorry but the book made no mention of that. Anyway if I stop making jokes about Ikea, can I please have my precious ones back my love? I promise to be good.

Before I go one final bit of advice. Compared to a proper French cleat, IKEA's stripped-down system for mounting cabinets on the wall feels like the Stone Age. [1]

Oops, I'm not gonna get 'm back anytime soon, eh mistress?

I love you?

Please baby?

---

[1] Yes, French cleats are really that impressive. If you don't believe me, take it from a nurse with a passion for DIY. With the proper materials it is possible to mount yourself to the wall six feet up.

[2] Without access to my power tools, I spend most of my time online. What caught my attention is goddess Felicity's personal gravity, it's of the charts. Today's image is taken from a clip in which she prepares and fists her slave. Her personal gravity is such that you simply don't argue with her, just marvel at her presence and blissfully obey.

Another thing that struck me is just how focused and methodical goddess Felicity is. No rush, she controls both time and space. Now that's mind games for advanced practitioners. It's beautiful to see her play with her slave. Feel free to leave a comment so I can link to her clip store. Thanks.

[3] Dutch is always on the lookout for new dungeon design ideas.

---

Today's musical inspiration is brought to you by Solardo & Maur, a British DJ duo. Initially presented as drenched in dancefloor euphoria did not stop ‘Power’ from fading fast despite the promise of delivering soulful diva vocals.

Click to listen on Youtube

No comments :

From The Archives