Thursday, November 04, 2021

It's Hard Being a Gimp

Not being a native English speaker made me look up the word gimp. To my surprise it's from the 1994 Quentin Tarantino movie 'Pulp Fiction'. Gimp is a mute character dressed head to toe in a leather bondage suit. He's probably a hitchhiker or something who has been locked up in somebody's basement for several years. There is a lot in the movie that doesn't make sense. The 'get the gimp' scene could've easily been omitted. It's not relevant in any way.

These days everybody knows what a gimp is. Still I was surprised to see it as the topic of a 30 second film on the theme of vertigo. It's hilarious and reminded me of a post by pro-domme Miss Margot about when the wife came home early. 'I had the guy tied to his bed and I’d just attached two long zippers of clothespins to his chest, when I heard the very distinctive sound of a deadbolt pulling back from a lock. I froze and my ears perked up.'

No time to get the toys out of sight but at least Miss Margot was able to hide under the bed, which is infinitely better than standing on a ridge in full bondage gear. Just watch. 

No comments :

From The Archives