Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Never Normal

Let's Be Careful Out There

Don't gamble away your once chance for happiness.

"Do you like oranges or are you just happy to see me?" Scene for The Sinner

Earlier this week I overheard some people talking.

"They thought he went missing but he was visiting his mistress. Now that he is retired, he does that every month as soon as he gets his pension. After a while he re-appears."

"You're kidding me, he used to be such a decent fellow, civil servant and so on, always the perfect gentleman."

"You know what, ever since he retired, he started wearing weird outfits, black latex and stuff. And you know what else?"

"Please stop, I really don't wanna hear it."

Clearly this gentleman is not only the talk of the town but also a topic that makes people feel uncomfortable.

Believe it or not but the a couple of days later I ran into him myself. It's March, spring is around the corner, lovely weather for the time of year. Mr. Pensionado is dressed casually, meaning head to toe latex, lavishly decorated with an abundance of golden chains, even on the ankles of the high heels he's wearing. Nothing you can hide under tight latex without a coat, so his senior citizens belly sticks out somewhat. Most are surprised, probably not by the outfit itself but by the gentleman's inability for elegant combinations. Not that he cares, he chatters away with customers, happy as can be.

There you have it: people tolerate outsiders but only within limits. When push comes to shove, we're never normal. Speaking out is a loosing battle. Before you do, make sure you can afford it. Perhaps the best comparison is a kid who tells his classmates he loves Brussel sprouts. Bad idea.

The war in Ukraine lingers on and on. It's why Dutch turns to Netflix for some distraction. Bad idea, BDSM may not be the main story but it features heavily in almost every show I watch.

On New Year's Day I wrote an article about the OWK. In 'On Becoming a Womanian' I joked about what I desire most. Conclusion: I wanna be a Womanian. That desire thing is straight out of Lucifer, a TV show about the devil being lost on earth. It's something I watch during dinner. 'Orgy Pants to Work' from season four made me laugh so hard, I almost spilled my dinner. Looking back I'm confused. Yes orgies are the best and pants are useful but why does it always have to involve whips and chains? Somehow that's normal (within the realm of television) but whipped cream on naked bodies isn't. 

Maze, demon without a soul (she tortures people in hell for a living) sadly is more human than many online dommes.
Party like you'll never regret it.

Guardians of Justice sounds like yet another super hero TV show. Not. It's basically what I would come up with if Netflix asked to me to create something like that. Messy, jaw dropping, hilarious, unfocused and lacking any kind of conclusion, it's still fun. Except for the part where the freaks come out to play. Basically what the show tells you in those 11 seconds is that vanilla is good and kinky is evil.

How the Guardians of Justice get it wrong.

Dutch is always in a hurry. The Sinner is a slow burning whatdunnit, yes a whatdunnit. Mr. detective is investigating a murder. In his spare time he is trying to reconcile with his wife, but there's also the girlfriend he cannot forget. One night he goes by her house and as soon as the door opens, she tells him she had a couple of men over and it was great fun. Whatever. They go inside and slowly it starts to dawn on me. By the time, he gets on his knees, I literally shout: 'No!' Not another show with BDSM to generate a little extra buzz. Next episode the two of them meet at the local supermarket. She drops her oranges, waiting for him to pick them up. It's a scene well done but I'm so tired of it.

Believe what you want but kink will never be normal. It's sad but true so be careful before you let others in your dirty little secret. Once it's out, there's no turning back. Let's be careful out there.

No comments :

From The Archives