Saturday, July 31, 2021

Free Catheter As a Thank-You?

promise to be cruel Please? 

Independent advice is either very expensive or completely free. Nothing in between.

Gorgeous eyes. Dr. Mia, urologist, an associate of Nurse Gypsy & Friends.

The other day I was helping a friend, sorting out her finances. She wants to buy a house. Guess I did a good job. As I was heading out door, she rather unexpectedly, offered me a free catheter. Odd choice of words and I immediately felt the need to cross my legs. Mostly invisible. Took me a few seconds to bounce back, before I could usher the usual silly comments about her sweet offer. We both had a laugh. And no, I didn't tell her I'd love to try such a useless, invasive procedure, as long as she promised to enjoy it too. It includes her marveling at my pain, humiliation and everything else generally associated with men feeling miserable in the hands of capable, caring but oh so cruel nurses. She'll never know.

Solid financial advice for free but only if I get something in return, silliest thing ever. High quality personal finance advice - or so I hope - is incompatible with freebies. Handing it out for free is different. Wrote a post in that vein a few years ago.

I love my job and I'm good at it. As a rule, there's no free advice. Simply cannot spare the time. I make an exceptions when it comes to friends. Hate it. When things go wrong, they look at me. On the other hand, noblesse oblige. Without my advice, generally speaking, my friends would be worse of.

When I give free financial advice, I try to help my audience navigate the waters of banking and money. What matters most is that the person I'm talking too, actually understands what I'm trying to explain and the options available to them. She did. Still doesn't explain her rather unexpected offer of a free catheter at some future date.

No comments :

From The Archives