Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Mistress Snow

Don't exaggerate

Mistress Frostbite might be a more appropriate name.[Image: Sorenutz007]

General von Moltke famously said how no plan survives first contact with the enemy. Especially not sloppy planning. Just ask Putin. In 1871, when the German commander, wrote his essay on military strategy, blogging didn't exist. But to a certain extent you can also apply it to writing posts. Dutch started the year, high on a happy vibe, proclaiming this would be the year of 'let's get dangerous', but it has been an extraordinary busy first month of 2023 and vanilla life got in the way.

For now, all I can say is that it's winter in Holland. We even had a couple of days with temperatures dropping below zero during the day. Meanwhile there's snow in Northern Africa and the Arabian peninsula. But you know where it's really cold: the trenches in Ukraine. Usually take my bike to go to the supermarket and that's usually the first thing I think of when I get outside. So sad.

I'll go back to writing dangerously as soon as I can. For now, I hope this image will make you smile as hard as it me. It's by the wonderful artist Sorenutz007. You can find more of his work on Deviant Art.


Face the music

Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's gonna change my love for you. Forgot all about it. Then I heard it during the holidays and it made me laugh so hard. Now I can't get it out of my head. Definitely not a song I like. 

How can this 1980s song rack up 45 million views in the past three years? Click to listen.

No comments :

From The Archives