Friday, January 02, 2015

Kinky New Year's Resolutions 2015

Most people make New Year's resolutions. I did away with that a while ago. The time to act is always now. However I thought it would be fun to have some femdom and BDSM related New Year's resolutions.


1. Not see Fifty Shades
Not see "Fifty Shades of Grey" is my number one resolution. Thinking of Fifty Shades I think of a couple together for many years with an ever dwindling sex life who give the whole kink thing a try. Imagine when they find out that being whipped actually hurts - it is meant to be - and is not exiting at all for most people. Until know I have stubbornly refused to read the novel and my intention is never to read it. From what I read the movie is ten times worse and those evil movie executives have scheduled it for release on Thursday, February 12, just in time for  Valentines Day, hoping to lure love birds in droves to see a movie that will be painful in more ways than one.

2. Perhaps see My Mistress
Perhaps see "My Mistress", an Australian eroticism telling the story of how a relationship between a teenager and a mature professional dominatrix develops wrapped up in a coming of age story. The movie was released in 2014, but isn't showing in cinema's over here yet. Was it inspired by the Fifty Shades phenomenon or just one of those mainstream femdom movie that come along every once in  a while? For whatever reason BDSM movies always have a French connection, in this case the female lead is French. An IMDB rating of 6.6 for this kind of movie is not too bad. Worse movies with a femdom theme have been produced in the past.


3. Complete drafts
Finish all those partial blog posts from last year. It happens to everyone, you have something interesting you want to blog about so you scribble down a few notes before you forget and then you forget or simply do not take the time to write it. My current backlog includes topics such as Yapoo, Bucket List and the story behind the Belgian S&M judge.


4. Learn Japanese
Japan is the kink capital of the world, for the most part a closed one, unless you speak the language. Neither San Francisco nor London or anything on the continent, including Berlin, can rival Tokyo. The breadth and width of all things BDSM in Japan is an everlasting fascination of mine. Just have a peek at those Japanese femdom movies, they are different from anything else you've ever seen and you'll understand.

5. Spice up my blog
Sex sells, everyone tells me, so maybe a bit more naughty stuff. Then again I am not in it for a large following, I simply enjoy the writing, giving me an opportunity to organize my thoughts. I started the blog to play around with html, css, text and presentation, over time that became less important so perhaps time for something new?

6. Continue critical comments
A slave with the audacity to criticize the high and mighty sounds a like a Don Quixote fetish. By default I always assume everybody is out of character, that is also the way I write. The biggest threat to the BDSM community are we the practitioners ourselves. Other than politics there is hardly any part of society with more misleading and outright dishonest stuff. Slaves looking for a fetish delivery system, pretending to be what they are not. Dommes dressing up abuse as femdom and then there is the whole one twue way thing, those people who clearly believe their way is the only way to enjoy your kink and take every opportunity to harass you with their opinions, they mistake for facts.

7 Enjoy my kink
Obvious, but worth the mention. After you read number 6, you might wonder whether I actually enjoy femdom. Yes, very much so and I intend to keep on doing that. Unfortunately I am allergic to nonsense and dishonesty. The strong protect the weak. Honesty is a strength and a basic requirement for every individual, especially the ones think of themselves as dominant. Femdom is negotiated role play between consenting adults and if there is anything that instantaneously smashes the perception of dominance it is a domme's dishonesty and lack of self reflection. Even if that limits the number of potential mistresses I am compatible with, that will never change. It is impossible to explain to a vanilla person but kink is meant as fun for everybody involved and I take my fun seriously.

8. Dominance vs dominance
A few days ago I read about a domme wanted to "guide her submissives" My initial reaction was: become a teacher, followed by something more zen-like: wondering what happens when the student becomes the master. Life is all about the roles we play and I am fascinated by the discrepancy between real life dominance and dominance in kink. Unintended, but I love how the first instance of dominance in the title is upper case and the second lower case.

9. Vanilla fun
And maybe the kinkiest of them all: have lots and lots of vanilla fun. I know it does not get much weirder than that but life has too much to offer to focus on just on aspect of it.

10. Be kinky on a new continent
Now there's a challenge, but an interesting one.

11. 11.
Not really a resolution but important nonetheless. Very much so!

No comments :

From The Archives